Saturday, July 29, 2006

Badminton - Reflexes Workout

Today was the first day I played badminton in a year and I am very pleased that my form has not deteriorated. Badminton is a very easy sport to learn, but becoming a master at it is no easier than becoming a master at tennis or squash or any other sport. I found that badminton puts great emphasis on reflexes (to such an extent as table tennis I have yet to determine. Any ideas?). While every sport places emphasis on different favourable body conditions, like speed, balance, strength, and coordination, reflexes is one of the best attributes you can possess. At its highest level, reflexes become immersed into the mind, giving you a sharper awareness overall, including a calmer disposition during important tasks or crises.

Too bad the prices at the UQ Sports Centre are a huge ripoff, or I would go more often. Then again, unless you're a serious player, badminton is not the best game to play with only two people - you're better off going as a group, which is how I organized it.

Once you are competent at it, watch the minutes (or hours) fly past as you play. Badminton is a fast-paced, yet refined sport that is endless fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home